These buildings date from 1886. Above the shops, they consist of three storey’s and attics with gables or prominent dormers, ranging from simple brick façades verging on neo-Georgian to neo-Elizabethan fronts. The scope of works Kenyon’s undertook was part of a 6 year cyclical decoration program. The works carried out included restoration and repair of the original sash windows, including the installation of discreet draught proofing to modern standards.
Brickwork repairs including shaped bricks and selected reclaimed bricks to match the existing structure so the repairs were not obvious. A large amount of lead work was also carried out both replacing defective existing lead and zinc and new lead aprons to over the soft brick headed course. The stonework on the front of the building was given a colour wash by a specialist to match the adjacent properties and existing roofs were re-slated using reclaimed slates. All the flats were occupied during the works and we liaised with residents to ensure they had minimal disruption.